Update Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Samsung started the Jelly Bean update roll out for a host of devices back in September last year. The Galaxy Note 2 was the first device from the manufacturer to be released with Android Jelly Bean firmware out of the box. The OEM later pushed the new version of the OS to the Galaxy S3. At that time very few of us expected that the update will hit the old best-sellers like the Galaxy S2 and Note. The Facebook page of Samsung Sweden was the first to leak the news that these two phones would be getting the JB update. The news was taken merely as a rumor but it was confirmed later when Samsung released of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update.
The release the new update was postponed several times and the wait seemed to be perpetual. But now all anxiety has finally been put to an end as Samsung has started pushing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Note International version with model number GT-N7000.
The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OTA update has already started rolling out via Kies and on-device-software update feature. The Galaxy Note users in Hong Kong, Germany, and Mexico have reported getting the new update.
But if you do not belong to the countries mentioned above, you can still update your Galaxy Note GT-N7000via Odin flasher. Only make sure is phone is not locked to a network provider/carrier.
Galaxy Note Android 4.1.2 Features:
The Android 4.1.2 update for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000 contains all the features of Samsung’s Premium Suite Upgrade. Below is a list of all known new features:
OS Upgrade to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean:
- Google Now, Smoother UI (Project Butter), New Notifications Panel
Easy Tasking in One View:
- Multi Window: ChatOn, E-Mail, Gallery, Gmail, Internet, Maps, s-Note, Talk, Video-Player, YouTube
- Popup Note, Popup Video, Popup Browser
S Pen Experience:
- S Note, Photo Note/Photo Frame, Handwriting on S Planner/Email
- More S Pen Gestures, Signature Unlock, Easy Clip
Enhanced Multimedia Tools:
- New Samsung Gallery, Tag Buddy, Paper Artist
- Smart Stay, Direct Call, Shake Panning, Camera Unlock
Rich Content Services:
- Video Hub, Learning Hub, Cloud Sync, Allshare Play, Group Cast
- News and Face Ticker on Lockscreen, S Note Widgets, TalkBack Setup Wizard, Blocking Mode
Galaxy Note Android 4.1.2 Screenshots:
Download Galaxy Note Android 4.1.2 Firmware:
Below areof all available currently available and it will be updated as new arrive. If you want English as your phone language, the German firmware. In case, you see any German text anywhere, open Settings> Language and Input> Language and select English.
Download the zip and extract on your desktop. Inside the extracted folder you will find two files:
- KIES_HOME_N7000XXLSZ_N7000OXALSZ_906407_REV02_user _low_ship.tar.md5
While flashing with Odin tool, click on PDA and select the file with .tar.md5 extension (tutorial below).
Hong Kong: N7000ZSLM5_N7000OZSLM5_TGY.zip
How to Install:
Installing an Official firmware on adevice is very easy and if you have ever done it, you can do it easily within a few minutes. If you belong to the countries mentioned above, the installation via Odin should take around three minutes. But if it is not so, it might take about 5 minutes. We’ll recommend a data factory reset via Stock Recovery after the firmware is , otherwise you might confront minor issues like connectivity, lagginess, etc. If you phone is rooted, it will be a good idea to backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or Koush’s Carbon app.
Before proceeding to install the firmware, do these things:
- Charge your GalaxyNote to at least 60% of battery level.
- Backup your contacts, messages, apps etc.
- Turn on the USB Debugging mode on your phone: Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging
Having made the preparations instructed above, follow the following steps:
- Download the appropriate firmware above and extract the zip on your desktop.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers and restart PC when it is installed.
- Download and extract Odin3_v3.04.zip.
- Put your Galaxy Note in Download Mode: turn off the phone, press and hold Volume Down+Home buttons and then long press the Power key for a few seconds till the screen turns up and you see a screen asking you to press the Volume Upkey to continue. Press it.
- Run the Odin program by double clicking the Odin3_v3.04.exe.
- Connect you phone to computer using the USB Cable.
- The ID:COM port at Odin turns blue and you can see “Added!!’ text at the message box below. This show that the connection between phone and Odin has been established.
- Make sure that only the “Auto Reboot” and “F Reset Time” options are checked on Odin.
- Click on PDA button and select the file with .tar.md5 extension inside the firmware folder.
- Finally hit the “Start” button and wait for a few minutes till the installation is finished.
- When it is done, you will see a “PASS!” message at the ID:COM and the device will reboot automatically. You can now disconnect the USB cable and close the Odin window.
The first boot will take a little longer time that usual so you need to be patient till your phone gets ready to b used. In case, your phone id caught into a bootloop and it does not start, do as directed here. If you do not like the new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware and wish to downgrade the firmware, follow this tutorial.
Do not forget to share with us how does the taste of official Jelly taste? If you have a question related to the topic, drop us a comment! Cheers!